Through our Community Donations Program, Events East is dedicated to assisting the fundraising efforts of registered charities, non-profits and grassroots organizations across Nova Scotia. Our Community Donations Program supports the fundraising efforts of these groups through the donation of event tickets, as available, in the facilities we operate.
The Community Donations Program & Policy is limited to the provision of tickets when available. We do not provide monetary donations and such requests will not be reviewed for support.
It is our goal to support as many organizations as possible, based on our limited inventory of tickets. Due to the large volume of requests we receive, we can only respond to eligible requests that meet the criteria below.
- Must be a registered charity or non-profit organization, based in Nova Scotia
- All requests must be accompanied by an official donation request letter on the benefiting organization’s official letterhead
- All request letters must include the following information:
- Name of charitable or non-profit organization
- Date of the event
- Brief description of the event, including beneficiary of proceeds
- Contact name, phone number and email address of the person picking up the tickets
Donations Requests that will NOT be considered:
- Individual requests for support
- Requests received through mail
- Duplication of requests to the same event
- More than two requests per year from the same organization
- Private sector business events
- Employee recognition programs
- Travel, accommodations, meal expenses, conference fees, field trips and tours for groups or individuals
- Political parties or political fundraisers
- Advertising or promotional campaigns
- Organizations that are already supported through our corporate community relations partnerships
- We reserve the right to refuse any request in the case of limited ticket inventory.
- We reserve the right to determine which events and how many tickets it provides to fulfill a charitable donation request.
- Our Community Donations Program excludes the donation of skyboxes.